#1. Keep Him First.
"Carroll," The Paintbrush Poet™
Is a 21C DFW artist finish schooled across The Pond in today's Old World. The proud, faithful, Burgoons (Burgundiōnes) fought all over mainland Europe for ~ 1,800 years. Have you ever heard of Burgundy France?
He was instructed to leave his colored pencils at home in Texas. Semper Fidelis!
"BY HONORING THESE HEROES, WE HOPE TO AWAKEN THE HERO IN US ALL. Long before Medal of Honor recipients each earned their award, they were children, parents, neighbors, and friends. What made them heroes was not born on the battlefield, but brought to it. It was not their circumstances that called them to sacrifice, but their choices. They are not different from us, but they represent the best in us."
– Charlotte Jones, Chairman & Chris Cassidy, President and CEO, The Museum
◆ ◆ ◆
Born in Philadelphia society, discovered in Texas cowboy country:
Spaniard Alcaraz, housemate of Picasso in Montmartre, Paris and friend of Dalí, refined Carroll's art gift --- So RARE in the last 500 years that the Dallas Morning News ran feature stories as soon as Carroll (CFB3) returned. Dallas Times Herald reported the man's visit to Dallas, TX in 1977. He came to Dallas and dined with Carroll in 1994. Sr. Alcaraz refined Carroll's artistic gift. Además, a Serena Majestad el Rey de España le gustan las acuarelas de Carroll. (Trans: Besides, Serene Majesty The King of Spain likes Carroll's watercolors.) Many hedge their bets that their Carroll's will be as pricey as Picasso. (Trans: Muchos cubren sus apuestas de que sus Carroll serán tan caros como Picasso.) Burgoons settled in DFW before the Compromise of 1850 divided Texas and New Mexico.
HAVING YOUR LAMP LIT AT ALL TIMES MATTERS.
The Spaniard PICASSO said, "Every child is an artist.
The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up."
Every great artist first learned to draw.
Look at Pablo Picasso's sensitive painting of his mother.
Picasso's 1973 estate would be $1,195,687,500 as of this day,
given the 3.92% average inflation rate, as it has been.
Carroll is exhibited beside the iconic Picasso
in Texas, not New York, not York!
- Carroll shifts from a bespoke action portrait to unleashing 15 abstract expressionist paintings in the next hour, then returns to the commissioned portrait with wisdom, knowledge, and understanding from the First as a multilayered puzzle.
- The CEO/MD of a major public hospital called Carroll to his office to share an idea he had. He wanted Carroll's early (Pre-Alcaraz) Arkansas set of five drawings printed, framed, and displayed in every room of every public hospital in America.
- Serene Majesty The King of Spain Juan Carlos I instructed his trusted head of household to convey to Carroll his delight with Carroll's paintings of his country. His letter arrived via the Spanish Embassy with the Ambassador's courtesy translation and cover letter. That moved the bar up a worthy notch.
- Carroll rendered 12 paintings of globally popular Holy Land attractions for a non-profit's custom, loyalty calendars sent gratis to 75,000 of their 400,000 benefactors around the world.
- YOUR ORIGINAL CARROLL'S ARE, WELL, AUTHENTIC, RARE, AND NOT KNOCKOFFS OR "GABRICATIONS" (A gabricator claims to be an artist, copies others' artwork, and signs it as his own creation). Three-comma art collectors typically buy what they love.
- UNCOMPROMISED, he paints singles, diptychs, triptychs, and series. His French WC paper has been handmade since 1492 - It made contracts and LOAs possible and was used for money.
- It was amazing to black tie with 40 Medal of Honors and two Knight Commanders in the Knights of Malta as guests of Four-star General Westmoreland, US Army (Retired) on the Queen Mary. That night Carroll was offered membership in the secret cadre of US President's and other world leaders.
- A RoughRiders painting had 10M views. Frisco Style Magazine printed a "Carroll" on 100K 4th of July covers, and promoted sales of Ode to Joy to support local non-profits. "I only took one pair of shoes to study with Alcaraz. I'd hiked Acadia, the AT, Yosemite, and Anaconda Pintlar Wilderness in them. I canoed the Pine Barrens and Boundary Waters in them. I ran 20,000 miles in them and raced 5Ks, 10Ks, and marathons in them. I wore them to make 1,000 paintings! I was a huge 'Pre' and Bowerman fan, understandably. The record-setting Pre said, "My philosophy is that I'm an artist."
- In nine months Carroll gave > 500 art talks: SMU's American Association of University Women, U. Chicago Alumni, Trammel Crow, Rotary, NAWBO, etc. He developed a knack for giving entertaining speeches in Toastmasters #1 worldwide where he was named Rookie of the Year and was applauded by the President of the United States of America.
- Carroll's mentor negotiated the largest player contract the NFL had ever seen - Baron Joseph Duveen noted, "When you pay high for the priceless, you're getting it cheap." (Among Sir Duveen's active clients were the world's wealthiest men.) My patrons want a painting not a photo album!
✅ Hall of Fame and superstar pro athletes
in the world's top ten most watched sports.
(Major markets with all four sports leagues.)
One or two major market team owners.
✅ Top ten greatest entertainers of all time.
The Paintbrush Poet™ is A SQUARE PEG in a round hole.
Elon Musk exhorted one and all from his experience, "When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor."
- A HOF Marine Brigadier General (Bronze Star, POW) teaching 11th-Grade Art Appreciation took carloads of his students to the Barnes. "We came home art lovers."
- Carroll dropped out of a Master's in a southern state and a PhD in a northern state on the same day with "Bs" and a few "As," and an MBA at UTD with the top "A" in his first semester graduate marketing, calculus, and accounting classes.
- He was bitten by the Photography Bug as an 7 y/o. Today, he uses his cameras as tools, "his field sketchbook," to compose bespoke paintings. (He has referenced up to 35 images for one painting.) Following the Cloud is a perfect example and shows an Oklahoma cutting horse. At 22.5" x 32.5" it's the perfect 8.9 million dollar gift. "Oh Heck. Just get it for yourself!"
- In 1955, he was a budding naturalist at the The Academy of Natural Sciences, the Western Hemisphere's oldest natural history museum. - He was five.
- He began drawing accurately upon his older sister Helen's death, before he could read. - Carroll was 4⅓ y/o.
A life-sized statue greets Flamengo soccer players at the clubhouse door. The gentleman's famous architect grandson travels with the
fútbol team - His granddaughter arranged Carroll's studies with Paco (Alcaraz). Carroll enjoyed his private tour of Rio de Janeiro, the State, and traveled the Iberian Peninsula with the fellow's granddaughter.
She opened important doors for Carroll.
- ★★★★ General Tommy Franks, USA, Ret., waived his world leader's fee to pen the foreword to Carroll's 1st book, Ode to Joy, simply because he chose to help. Guitarist Jim Whitaker introduced Franks to him. Carroll wears a NAVY ballcap to honor all active duty, veterans, and their families."
Carroll retired and moved, 7.05.23.